Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hummus

My shopping grocery list always has hummus in it. I love it so much that I decided to make a batch for myself- Pretty easy to make, after all! 

What do we need? 

1 can of chick peas
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic (I put 4 because I love the strong garlic flavor)
salt according to taste
2 tbstp olive oil

What is tahini?

Tahini is a sesame based gravy which you can get ready made in store. However, I couldn't find it and made it by myself. All you need is 3 tablespoon sesame seeds and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on a low flame (don't allow it to get brown). After few minutes, blend it in a mixer to a fine paste with olive oil.

Now back to Hummus-

Drain the liquid from chick peas and keep it aside. In a mixer, combine all the ingredients and blend it for few minutes with the liquid from chickpeas. Place in a serving bowl and serve! 




                                                       

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...